Election Day is
almost upon us here in the U.S., as huge numbers will rock the vote on November 6. It has been a heated election season, and it seems that Barack Obama and Mitt Romney are in a close race — in fact, both have been cited as poll leaders in various swing states (depending on where you get your news).
Used to be that newspapers, radios and broadcast TV were the only ways to follow the action, but these days you can stay abreast of the latest developments faster than ever. Toward that end, here's the newshound's ultimate list of Election Day Twitter accounts to follow for breaking updates, opinions and more. (And if you're really serious about tracking the results, be ready to slap in that #election2012 hashtag.)
Here's the shortlist:
- Barack Obama (D), Presidential candidate
- Joe Biden (D), VP candidate
- Mitt Romney (R), Presidential candidate
- Paul Ryan (R) VP candidate
Key Campaign People
- Stephanie Cutter, depute campaign manager for Obama 2012
- Ben LaBolt, national press secretary for Obama 2012
- Eric Fehrnstrom, senior adviser to Governor Romney
- Andrea Saul, national press secretary for Romney 2012
- Brianna Keilar, CNN — Reports from the Prez's campaign trail
- Rebecca Kaplan, CBS/National Journal — Reports from the Romney-Ryan campaign trail
- The Caucus, The New York Times — Not into partisan Tweeting? NYT reporters are covering both campaign trails.
- Ryan Lizza, The New Yorker — Known for political comments, quips and opinions
- Nate Silver, FiveThirtyEight (New York Times blog) — Takes the hard numbers from the polls, voting percentages and margins of error, and breaks it down into everyday language
- Ezra Klein, Washington Post — Boasts policy expertise and has the campaign platforms and policies down cold
- Josh Marshall, Talking Points Memo — Not your run-of-the-mill political news, opinion and analysis. Think "election reporting — with doses of snark and wit"
- Anthony De Rosa, Reuters — The social media editor and Tech Tonic host is a heavy Tweeter who rocked the live analysis of the debates. Fans await his Twitterage for tomorrow's election results.
That's the short list. If you're looking for even more pundits, insiders and reporters to follow… well, admit it — you're addicted to election news. The first step is to admit it. The second is to hit up the source link for the full list. (But you may not want to go whole hog on this. It might break Twitter… and compromise your sanity. You've been warned.)
Are you following the election? Is it shaking out the way you expected? Let us know in the comments.
The Galaxy S20 Ultra's Space Zoom camera is amazing and a bit creepy
The Galaxy S20 Ultra supports up to 100X zoom, which Samsung calls Space Zoom, but is it any good? Can a phone really product usable photos at 100x zoom? We've got our Galaxy S20 Ultra already so join us to find out!
Win an iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch with the Reader's Choice giveaway!
What's the best phone of 2019? Is it the iPhone 11 Pro, Pixel 4 or OnePlus 7T? What about the best laptop, games console, tablet and more? Vote NOW in the Reader's Choice awards and win BIG in time for the holidays!
Here are the best products from IFA 2019!
Here are the products announced at IFA 2019 that were worthy of our Best of IFA 2019 awards. Also featuring MrMobile's single best product at the show!
It's the season for chapped lips, so you might need one of these lip balms
If you're looking for a good lip balm to keep in your pocket, you may be searching for awhile. There are tons of options to choose from, and they may not always be a perfect choice. Here are some great options to add to your purse or pocket.