Square Enix has published the finalized details of Final Fantasy XV's first DLC expansion "Episode Gladiolus." With the launch incoming next Tuesday, March 28, this should provide all the information you need to determine if you want to buy in for $5 or not.
Final Fantasy XV Episode Gladiolus
- Availability – PlayStation Store, Xbox Games Store
- Pricing – $4.99 (Season Pass also available for $24.99)
- Release – March 28, 2017
- Future DLC
- Episode Prompto (scheduled for June)
- Episodie Ignis (release TBD)
- Multiplayer Expansion: Comrades (TBD)
After losing to the enemy high commander Ravus, Gladiolus is forced to swallow a bitter pill and face the limitations of his own strength. In order to travel with the Chosen King, he realizes he must also possess a comparable level of power in order to protect him. In the ancient ruins that were found in the Kingdom of Lucis 30 years ago, the spirits of heroes that once served the king await the next generation of warriors.
Gladiolus parts ways with his entourage and meets up with Cor, the sole survivor of the trials. Now, with his mentor at his side, Gladiolus sets out to challenge the Shield of the Founder King: the Blademaster, Gilgamesh.Features
- Uncover the story told through Gladiolus' perspective – While Final Fantasy XV focuses on the bond between Noctis and his friends, Episode Gladiolus allows players to find out what happened when Gladiolus leaves the party.
- New exhilarating action battle that matches Gladiolus's character as the King's Shield – While the main game's system was designed around Noctis and his mobility to warp and dodge enemy attacks, Gladiolus fights by blocking and counterattacking with the new "Valor" and "Rage" system.
- New environment – Players can access a new area that was previously not accessible in the main game.
- Obtain special items that can be carried over to the main game – By completing the episode, players can obtain special items that cannot be acquired from the main game.
- New gameplay modes – In addition to the main episode, two additional gameplay modes, "Score Attack" and "Final Trial" are available upon completing the episode. These modes offer an added challenge and high replay value for the player.
It's been a while since I've toured with my bros
Final Fantasy XV is a fabulous game, and I can't wait to jump back in the driver's seat with the boys and go adventuring again. Square Enix wants the title to last for an entire year and then some, and if it keeps giving reasons to go back, then I'll keep going back.
Beyond DLC, I'm wondering if Final Fantasy XV has the same replayability that the older games have. Final Fantasy IV through X are always easy to sink back into, but they also have legacy and nostalgia to their name that Final Fantasy XV hasn't quite earned yet. Given the speed of the gaming industry and how quickly we move from game to game, establishing a lasting impression is becoming harder and harder.
I hope Final Fantasy XV can get there.
"Episode Gladiolus" launches for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on March 28.
The Galaxy S20 Ultra's Space Zoom camera is amazing and a bit creepy
The Galaxy S20 Ultra supports up to 100X zoom, which Samsung calls Space Zoom, but is it any good? Can a phone really product usable photos at 100x zoom? We've got our Galaxy S20 Ultra already so join us to find out!
Win an iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch with the Reader's Choice giveaway!
What's the best phone of 2019? Is it the iPhone 11 Pro, Pixel 4 or OnePlus 7T? What about the best laptop, games console, tablet and more? Vote NOW in the Reader's Choice awards and win BIG in time for the holidays!
Here are the best products from IFA 2019!
Here are the products announced at IFA 2019 that were worthy of our Best of IFA 2019 awards. Also featuring MrMobile's single best product at the show!
Break open a Loot Llama to find these gifts for Fortnite fans
Get your fortnite loving friends and family these awesome gifts. They will love you and emote for you. If you don't what that means, ask them and they'll show you.