Final Fantasy XV is not the only original game from the franchise that will be making its way westward in 2016. Long before we get to go hot-rodding with Noctis and friends, Square Enix will publish Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius for both iOS and Android in the English speaking world.
A trailer from Square Enix, that has since been pulled, puts the release window at later in the spring.
The game launched in Japan last October and became a minor hit on the mobile scene. Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius' gameplay borrows heavily from the runway success of Brave Frontier, mostly because they share a developer in A-Lim. Summon spells, magic, and characters from the Final Fantasy franchise all make an appearance within the game, giving it a dose of authenticity with its name.
Pre-registration is open now, and those who sign up early will have access to the DLC release when Japanese audiences hit 3 million users. Other bonuses include unlocking characters and spells with each becoming available when a pre-register goal is reached. For example, 33,333 pre-registers will bring Terra from Final Fantasy VI as a summon spell within the game.
- 1,000,000 Points – Magitek Armor Terra – Terra from Final Fantasy VI will devastate your foes!
- 1,500,000 Points – 3 Elixirs and 5,000 Friend Points – Keep your heroes going battle after battle!
- 2,500,000 Points – 500 Lapis – Summon mighty allies with these magical crystals!
- 3,500,000 Points – 5 Phoenix Downs and 10,000 Gil – Raise your heroes when they fall!
- 5,500,000 Points – 10 Rare Summon Tickets – Summon legendary heroes to fight at your side!
Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius launches in North America for iOS and Android later this spring.