galaxy-s-iii-explodeThe tale of the spontaneously combusting Samsung Galaxy S III has been hit with a surprising twist. Apparently, an investigation into the matter has found that the device essentially sparked into flames because… it may have been placed in a microwave. The Korean company, along with a third party, found that the incident occurred because of an external energy source (re: microwave), and not from merely relaxing in a car holster, as was previously reported. According to the poster of the original story, the device was mistakenly placed in the microwave after it got wet. So future and current Galaxy S III owners, what have we learned? Under no circumstances should you lie about why your device exploded. Oh, and placing electronics in the microwave isn't such a bright idea either.

[via Engadget]