Chevy first unveiled its now classic Camaro back in 1967. Just a year later, a certain toy-company, Hot Wheels, burst onto the scene with its miniature cars and the Camaro just so happened to be one of the first 16 cars made. That partnership continued for the two brands through the ensuing decades, and it is continuing into 2018 with a brand new Hot Wheels Edition of the Camaro.
Chevy and Hot Wheels partnered up to create the 2018 Camaro Hot Wheels 50th Anniversary Special Edition to commemorate their fifty year partnership.
“For 50 years, both brands have developed high-performance cars that embody the challenger spirit,” stated Chris Down, senior vice president and Global Brand GM of Hot Wheels. “We’re thrilled that fans can now experience the essence of Hot Wheels in this special edition Camaro.”
The Special Edition Camaro comes with a Crush orange color to match the original toy version from 1968. It also has the black racing stripes that go from front to back. The Hot Wheels version of the Camaro will be available as a $4,995 package for the 2LT and 2SS coupe and convertible variants of the car.
Some of the special details include 20-inch forged aluminum wheels with Satin Graphite finish, 50th Anniversary Hot Wheels fender badges, Orange break calipers, embossed front-seat headrests and illuminated doorsill plates that light up orange with the Hot Wheels badge.
Here’s complete break down of all the special details available in the car:
- Satin Graphite stripes with Silver Ice Metallic accents
- Satin Graphite ground effects
- 20-inch forged aluminum wheels (with summer-only tires on SS) in Satin Graphite with milled faces and unique center caps
- 50th Anniversary Hot Wheels fender badges
- Unique grille with Galvano Chrome inserts
- Orange brake calipers
- Dark taillamps
- Black taillamp panel with the Hot Wheels emblem
- Black Chevrolet bowtie emblems
- Jet Black leather-appointed interior with exclusive orange inserts and orange accent stitching
- Orange kneepads on the doors and orange safety belts
- Embossed front-seat headrests
- 50th Anniversary Hot Wheels badge on the steering wheel
- Illuminated doorsill plates with 50th Anniversary Hot Wheels badges
- Premium carpeted floor mats with orange stitching and “ghost” stripes
That is a pretty extensive list. As it is, the Camaro already looks impressive. But the special edition touches add some nice details that round out the design. The long hooded coupe looks just as good in Crush orange now as it did back in the ’60s.
The 2018 Camaro Hot Wheels 50th Anniversary Special Edition will be available in the first quarter of 2018.
The Galaxy S20 Ultra's Space Zoom camera is amazing and a bit creepy
The Galaxy S20 Ultra supports up to 100X zoom, which Samsung calls Space Zoom, but is it any good? Can a phone really product usable photos at 100x zoom? We've got our Galaxy S20 Ultra already so join us to find out!
Win an iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch with the Reader's Choice giveaway!
What's the best phone of 2019? Is it the iPhone 11 Pro, Pixel 4 or OnePlus 7T? What about the best laptop, games console, tablet and more? Vote NOW in the Reader's Choice awards and win BIG in time for the holidays!
Here are the best products from IFA 2019!
Here are the products announced at IFA 2019 that were worthy of our Best of IFA 2019 awards. Also featuring MrMobile's single best product at the show!
Ensure you're prepared with the best emergency lights
Emergencies happen and when they do, it's best to have the right tools at your disposal. And when it comes to the right tools, a flashlight is both basic and essential when it comes to your safety.