Wannabe Caped Crusaders from all over the world are reporting a massive problem with Batman: Arkham City for the Xbox 360 and its save files. Tons of users have piped up and said that their game saves are completely disappearing. They aren’t selectible from within the Arkham City menus, and they are not even present within the Xbox 360’s system memory.
They, like most things Batman tracks, have simply vanished into the night.
So far, WB Games does not have a solution in hand. In fact, the company doesn’t even entirely understand the problem. They are asking folks that encounter the issue to shoot them a detailed note. Doing so will hopefully facilitate a problem-solving patch for others.
Those that have lost their saves, we’re assuming, have likely seen them for the last time. Recovering data isn’t something a developer can do with a patch. If it’s gone, it’s probably gone for good.
Here is the official statement from WB Games:
We greatly appreciate and value you as a customer and apologize for any inconvenience if you have encountered any technical problems which might have impacted your experience with the game.
We would very much like to fix the “disappearing save files” issue some consumers have been reporting with the XBOX 360 version of the game as quickly as possible. Thus far our QA department has been unable to reproduce this issue.
For those of you who are experiencing this particular issue, it would be invaluable to our QA team’s ongoing test efforts if you can contact WB Games Support ([email protected]) and let us know some specifics as to the hardware and software configuration of the XBOX 360 machine you are playing the game on. Answering the specific information below when you contact WB Games Customer Support would be most helpful:
- What version of the XBOX 360 hardware are you are experiencing the “disappearing save files” issue on?
- What storage method are you using to save your Batman: Arkham City game files to (i.e. XBOX 360 hard drive, XBOX 360 memory unit, USB drive)?
- What version of the XBOX 360 system software do you have on your machine?
- Are you running a Beta version of the forthcoming XBOX 360 “Holiday 2011” system update?
- Have you experienced the “disappearing save files” issue before and/or after installing any Batman: Arkham City DLC content (If yes, please be specific as to the DLC content you have downloaded)?
- Have you experienced the “disappearing save files” issue before and/or after installing either of Batman: Arkham City’s two title updates?
Hopefully, the information you provide will result in a more specific pattern to emerge which will let us consistently reproduce the “disappearing save files” issue and ultimately get a fix in place.
Thank you for your input and support. WB Games
Have any of you folks encountered this save file bug? Upon hearing news of the issue, I’ve actually decided to keep Arkham City out of my console until a patch is released. I don’t even want to flirt with the idea of having to seek out and solve all of those Riddler puzzles again.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.