Holy cow, there are a lot of characters in Avengers: Infinity War. So many that the poster is barely legible due to all the names that are included. Have you seen it? There are some surprising names on there, like Peter Dinklage and Idris Elba.
Avengers: Infinity War will be the culmination of years’ worth of movies in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, with the storyline of Thanos finally coming to fruition. Seeing as no significant characters have died before Infinity War (RIP Yandu), a lot of faces will show up in the movie.
By our count, nearly 40 characters have been confirmed for Avengers: Infinity War—and there will probably be more. There’s speculation Brie Larson’s Captain Marvel will make an appearance, and we’ll also get a good look at Thanos’ Black Order. With another phase of the MCU beginning, there may also be some surprises.
Hey, maybe even Nick Fury will have a role to play. After all, he orchestrated the whole Avengers initiative in the first place. Avengers: Infinity War hits theaters on April 27.
- Captain America (Chris Evans): After Civil War, is he Captain America or just Steve Rogers? Either way, Infinity War could be the Captain America’s final appearance—at least until he comes back from the dead.
- Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.): The character who started it all will have a showdown with the MCU’s biggest villain yet.
- Black Panther (Chadwick Boseman): Perhaps the MCU’s biggest name at the moment, expect Black Panther to usurp Iron Man as the top dog.
- Spider-Man (Tom Holland): As excitable as ever, it will be fun to watch Spider-Man interact with everyone.
- Thor (Chris Hemsworth): Now the king of his people and without Mjolnir, Thor is in a period of transition. Not to mention he only has one eye.
- Hulk (Mark Ruffalo): After being Hulk for so long, it will be interesting to see what it’s like for Bruce Banner to see his old pals.
- Loki (Tom Hiddleston): How prominently will Loki feature? At the very least, we know he took possession of the Space stone.
- Star-Lord (Chris Pratt): As if Star-Lord wasn’t funny enough, we’re going to see some excellent exchanges when he meets other Avengers.
- Drax (Dave Bautista): Another breakout comic star who we can’t wait to see with Iron Man and the other Avengers.
- Rocket (Bradley Cooper): With Groot now in his adolescence, what will their dynamic be like?
- Groot (Vin Diesel): Groot, but with attitude.
- Gamora (Zoe Saldana): She’ll provide much-needed exposition about Thanos and how he became who he is.
- Nebula (Karen Gillan): Last we saw, Nebula was on a mission to destroy Thanos. Will she be successful?
- Mantis (Pom Klementieff): Without Ego, what will her identity be?
- Princess Shuri (Letitia Wright): One of the breakout stars of Black Panther. What can she teach Iron Man?
- Okoye (Danai Gurira): With Thanos visiting Wakanda, she’ll play an important part in protecting the country.
- Doctor Strange (Benedict Cumberbatch): Doctor Strange’s grasp of the mystic arts will be crucial to defeating Thanos.
- Wong (Benedict Wong): Like Doctor Strange, Wong’s role will be crucial to stopping Thanos. And he’s featured on the Avengers: Infinity War poster, which is cool.
- Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner): He’s in the movie.
- Ant-Man (Paul Rudd): He’s in the movie.
- Scarlet Witch (Elizabeth Olsen): Scarlet Witch’s powers will be put to the test when Thanos comes around.
- Vision (Paul Bettany): The Infinity stone in Vision’s head probably won’t be there for long.
- Winter Soldier (Sebastian Stan): After spending some time at a Wakandan day spa, Winter Soldier will reemerge without any Hyrda brainwashing.
- Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson): We know she’ll be in Wakanda helping to fend off the Thanos invasion.
- Falcon (Anthony Mackie): He’ll be flying around Wakanda with his cool armor.
- War Machine (Don Cheadle): He’ll receive an apparatus that allows him to walk following his paralysis in Captain America: Civil War.
- Thanos (Josh Brolin): He’s big and purple and has the power to wipe out half the universe.
- The Black Order: Even the most powerful titans need helpers. The Black Order will help Thanos collect the Infinity Stones to complete his gauntlet.
- Pepper Potts (Gwyneth Paltrow): Her cameo at the end of Spider-Man: Homecoming is a likely teaser for an expanded role in Avengers: Infinity War.
- Happy Hogan (Jon Favreau): Happy had a larger role in Spider-Man: Homecoming, and will continue to be a liaison as the Avengers team up once again.
- Heimdall (Idris Elba): With Thor separated from the rest of the Asgardians, Heimdall will likely be a commander in his steed.
- Taneleer Tivan (Benicio del Toro): The eccentric Collector will no doubt have a role to play as Thanos looks to complete his Infinity Gauntlet.
- Maria Hill (Cobie Smulders): She’s appeared in the other Avengers movies, so why not this one?
- M’Baku (Winston Duke): He came to Black Panther’s aid when he needed it most, and will be there once again to protect Wakanda from Thanos’ invasion.
- Valkyrie (Tessa Thompson): She became an important character in Thor: Ragnarok, but how important she’ll be in the future remains unclear.
- Peter Dinklage: His name is on the Avengers: Infinity War poster, but we still don’t know who he’ll play. We do, however, have some theories.
- Stan Lee: Expect Stan Lee to have his traditional cameo.
- Everett K. Ross (Martin Freeman): Ross helped Black Panther regain his throne. Chances are he’ll still be around.
The Galaxy S20 Ultra's Space Zoom camera is amazing and a bit creepy
The Galaxy S20 Ultra supports up to 100X zoom, which Samsung calls Space Zoom, but is it any good? Can a phone really product usable photos at 100x zoom? We've got our Galaxy S20 Ultra already so join us to find out!
Win an iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch with the Reader's Choice giveaway!
What's the best phone of 2019? Is it the iPhone 11 Pro, Pixel 4 or OnePlus 7T? What about the best laptop, games console, tablet and more? Vote NOW in the Reader's Choice awards and win BIG in time for the holidays!
Here are the best products from IFA 2019!
Here are the products announced at IFA 2019 that were worthy of our Best of IFA 2019 awards. Also featuring MrMobile's single best product at the show!
Step into your favorite film with a pair of 3D glasses
Experience movies and video games in the most realistic way with a pair of 3D glasses. Our guide has the best options to help you make your choice.