Persona 5 is finally on the North American market, bringing a much-needed revival to the series which itself revived the JRPG genre a decade ago. Fans are thrilled to finally be sinking 100 hours of their lives into being Japanese high school students, which, trust me, isn’t all that fun and glamorous in real life.
Maybe that’s because actual Japanese high school kids don’t dress up like thieves and fight demons after nightfall.
Fans are also looking forward to the story and wild settings and don’t want anything spoiled for them. Atlus doesn’t want anything spoiled for them, either, so it has set up guidelines for what gamers are allowed to stream and where the cutoff point is.
Simply put, we don’t want the experience to be spoiled for people who haven’t played the game. Our fans have waited years for the game to come out and we really want to make sure they can experience it fully as a totally new adventure.
Atlus asks that fans don’t stream past the in-game date of July 7 and that they don’t stream any major plot points.
- You can post however many additional videos you’d like, but please limit each to be at most 90 minutes long.
- No major story spoilers, and I’ll leave that up to your good judgment. If you need some guidelines, avoid showing/spoiling the ending segments of the first three palaces. While you can show initial interactions with Yusuke, avoid his awakening scene, and that whole deal about THE painting. Also, don’t post anything about a certain student investigator.
- I know I mentioned not showing the end of each palace, but you can grab footage from the Kamoshida boss fight. However, don’t capture video from the other major boss fights.
- Must not focus solely on cutscenes/animated scenes, should prominently feature dungeon crawling/spending time in Tokyo.
- You can post straight gameplay or have commentary.
This being a Japanese title with a single-playthrough story means our masters in Japan are very wary about it. Sharing is currently blocked through the native PS4 UI. However, if you do plan on streaming, video guidelines above apply except length. If you decide to stream past 7/7 (I HIGHLY RECOMMEND NOT DOING THIS, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED), you do so at the risk of being issued a content ID claim or worse, a channel strike/account suspension.
Friends don’t let friends spoil video games
I avoid video game streaming and viewing anyway, so this in no way affects me. However, if you are a member of the streaming community, remember to be smart about it. Streaming a spoiler is not a cool move, but similarly, watching a stream with spoilers is just plain, “ol’ fashioned” your own fault.
Don’t blame others for spoilers when you were watching the content in the first place.
Persona 5 is available now for the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4.
The Galaxy S20 Ultra's Space Zoom camera is amazing and a bit creepy
The Galaxy S20 Ultra supports up to 100X zoom, which Samsung calls Space Zoom, but is it any good? Can a phone really product usable photos at 100x zoom? We've got our Galaxy S20 Ultra already so join us to find out!
Win an iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch with the Reader's Choice giveaway!
What's the best phone of 2019? Is it the iPhone 11 Pro, Pixel 4 or OnePlus 7T? What about the best laptop, games console, tablet and more? Vote NOW in the Reader's Choice awards and win BIG in time for the holidays!
Here are the best products from IFA 2019!
Here are the products announced at IFA 2019 that were worthy of our Best of IFA 2019 awards. Also featuring MrMobile's single best product at the show!
Break open a Loot Llama to find these gifts for Fortnite fans
Get your fortnite loving friends and family these awesome gifts. They will love you and emote for you. If you don't what that means, ask them and they'll show you.