AT&T on Wednesday announced that it has officially activated its 4G LTE network in Tampa-St. Petersburg and Sarasota-Bradenton, Florida, bringing the total 4G LTE market count to 28. The carrier also said that it is expanding its Raleigh, North Carolina network into Durham, North Carolina. AT&T's 4G LTE network has offered incredible speeds so far; we were able to achieve download speeds in the ~12Mbps area during a quick test of the Samsung Galaxy Note LTE in our Irvine, California offices on Tuesday. AT&T's 4G LTE devices include the LG Nitro HD, the Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9, the Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket and the HTC Vivid. It will soon offer the Samsung Galaxy Note LTE and is expected to launch the Nokia Lumia 900, another LTE device, in March.
AT&T 4G LTE Expands to Durham
More customers to benefit from ultra-fast mobile broadband on new LTE compatible devices
Durham , North Carolina, February 15, 2012
AT&T has expanded its 4G LTE network to Durham, bringing more customers the latest generation of wireless network technology. AT&T launched 4G LTE in Raleigh on Jan. 5, and the expanded coverage is part of its ongoing rollout across the market. AT&T 4G LTE coverage now includes parts of Raleigh, Chapel Hill and Durham.
"AT&T is committed to investing in advanced technologies that meet our customers' needs and help stimulate economic growth and job creation," said Cynthia Marshall, President AT&T North Carolina.
AT&T 4G LTE provides several benefits, including:
- Faster speeds. LTE technology is capable of delivering speeds faster than many other mobile broadband technologies. Customers can stream, download, upload and game faster than ever before.
- Faster response time. LTE technology offers lower latency, or the processing time it takes to move data through a network, such as how long it takes to start downloading a webpage or file once you've sent the request. Lower latency helps to improve services like mobile gaming, two-way video calling and telemedicine.
- More efficient use of spectrum. Wireless spectrum is a finite resource, and LTE uses spectrum more efficiently than other technologies, creating more space to carry data traffic and services and to deliver a better network experience.
- Cool new devices. AT&T offers several LTE-compatible devices, including new AT&T 4G LTE smartphones and tablets.
"We've seen positive response from customers on our 4G LTE launch, and as today's expansion shows, we're continuing our rollout of fast LTE speeds to more areas in the Triangle," said Laurent Therivel, AT&T's VP/GM of Mobility and Consumer Markets in the Carolinas.
AT&T 4G LTE Devices
AT&T offers several 4G LTE-compatible devices, including:
- Samsung Galaxy Note™
- HTC Vivid™
- Samsung Galaxy S™ II Skyrocket™
- LG Nitro HD
- Pantech Burst™
- HTC Jetstream™ tablet
- Samsung Galaxy™ Tab 8.9
- Pantech Element™ tablet
- AT&T USBConnect Momentum 4G
- AT&T Mobile Hotspot Elevate 4G
AT&T's 4G LTE Network
AT&T will continue to expand its 4G LTE footprint in Triangle over the coming months. AT&T has launched 4G LTE in 28 markets nationwide.
Even as AT&T 4G LTE expands, customers will be able to enjoy more consistent 4G speeds on their compatible device as they move in and out of LTE areas. Not only is AT&T deploying 4G LTE, it has also deployed fast HSPA+ technology throughout its mobile broadband network. HSPA+, when combined with enhanced backhaul, provides customers with 4G speeds. Customers of competitors who have transitioned to LTE without further speed upgrades to their existing networks are likely to see a jarring drop-off in speeds when they move out of LTE areas.
Win an iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch with the Reader's Choice giveaway!
What's the best phone of 2019? Is it the iPhone 11 Pro, Pixel 4 or OnePlus 7T? What about the best laptop, games console, tablet and more? Vote NOW in the Reader's Choice awards and win BIG in time for the holidays!
Here are the best products from IFA 2019!
Here are the products announced at IFA 2019 that were worthy of our Best of IFA 2019 awards. Also featuring MrMobile's single best product at the show!
Pixel 4 hands-on videos reveal all, including new 'Screen attention' mode
The Pixel 4 leaks continue to be fierce. Most recently, three hands-on videos showcasing the Pixel 4 in all of its glory have been uploaded to YouTube.
Get stimulated with the best personal massagers around
Personal devices like this are a common part of our physical and mental health in the modern age, but it can be daunting to find the right one. That's why we are here to help.