Apple on Wednesday released iOS 11.1 to developers, which appears to include several bug fixes and enhancements. The new software arrives just a day after Apple introduced iOS 11.0.1 to consumers.
The release notes for iOS 11.1 highlight a number of known issues and incoming fixes. There’s no mention of the “crackling” noise Apple said is affecting a small number of iPhone 8 users, but expect a fix to be released soon.
Apple released iOS 11 earlier this month, though it was missing some of its biggest features, including Apple Pay Cash and Message in iCloud. Hopefully, iOS 11.1 will be the release that makes those features available—expect the software to line up with the iPhone X’s release in November.
You can read the full release notes down below.
Notes and Known Issues
- ContinuingfromabreakpointwhiledebugginganARSessionmayresultinVIObreaking. Any visual objects placed in the world/anchor are not visible. (31561202)
- When using the TrueDepth front-facing camera on iPhone X, setting the capture device’s activeFormat to a binned video format (see AVCaptureDeviceFormat isVideoBinned) for capture and enabling delivery of camera calibration data causes the resulting AVCameraCalibrationData to contain invalid information for the intrinsicMatrix property. (34200225)
Workaround: Select an alternate capture format whose isVideoBinned property is false.
Note: Configuring a capture session using a session preset never selects binned formats.
- Stillcapturerequestsusingthe720p30videoformatwiththe depthDataDeliveryEnabled property of AVCapturePhotoSettings set to true now works correctly. (32060882)
- Depthvaluesinthenondefault160x120and160x90depthdataformatsnowreturnthe correct values. (32363942)
- Client certificate-based authentication now works for servers using TLS 1.0 and 1.1. (33948230)
- Storing data to a nondefault event store in EventKit may not work. (31335830)
- Apps with a deployment target earlier than iOS 11 that subclass NSFileProviderExtension do not work on versions of iOS prior to 11. (34176623)
- NSURLSession and NSURLConnection now load URLs correctly when the system is configured with certain PAC files. (32883776)
Workaround: Use startSecureConnection to establish a secure connection.
- Data from an external GPS accessory is now accurately reported. (34324743)
- Silent push notifications are processed more frequently. (33278611)
- VNFaceLandmarkRegion2D is currently unavailable in Swift. (33191123)
- Facial landmarks identified by the Vision framework may flicker in temporal use casessuch as video. (32406440)
- Debugging a disabled Messages extension may cause the Messages app to crash. (33657938)Workaround: Enable the extension before starting the debug session.
- After a simulated iOS device starts up, it’s not possible to pull down Cover Sheet.(33274699)
Workaround: Lock and unlock the simulated device and then reopen Home screen.
The Galaxy S20 Ultra's Space Zoom camera is amazing and a bit creepy
The Galaxy S20 Ultra supports up to 100X zoom, which Samsung calls Space Zoom, but is it any good? Can a phone really product usable photos at 100x zoom? We've got our Galaxy S20 Ultra already so join us to find out!
Win an iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch with the Reader's Choice giveaway!
What's the best phone of 2019? Is it the iPhone 11 Pro, Pixel 4 or OnePlus 7T? What about the best laptop, games console, tablet and more? Vote NOW in the Reader's Choice awards and win BIG in time for the holidays!
Here are the best products from IFA 2019!
Here are the products announced at IFA 2019 that were worthy of our Best of IFA 2019 awards. Also featuring MrMobile's single best product at the show!
Make your foliage a feature with the best plant stands
Really show off your home's foliage with a plant stand that makes your greenery a statement, rather than just background noise. We've found a dozen desirable plant stand solutions to suit all types of spaces, all styles of decor and all kinds of plants.