Apple on Wednesday released iOS 11.1 to developers, which appears to include several bug fixes and enhancements. The new software arrives just a day after Apple introduced iOS 11.0.1 to consumers.
The release notes for iOS 11.1 highlight a number of known issues and incoming fixes. There’s no mention of the “crackling” noise Apple said is affecting a small number of iPhone 8 users, but expect a fix to be released soon.
Apple released iOS 11 earlier this month, though it was missing some of its biggest features, including Apple Pay Cash and Message in iCloud. Hopefully, iOS 11.1 will be the release that makes those features available—expect the software to line up with the iPhone X’s release in November.
You can read the full release notes down below.
Notes and Known Issues
- ContinuingfromabreakpointwhiledebugginganARSessionmayresultinVIObreaking. Any visual objects placed in the world/anchor are not visible. (31561202)
- When using the TrueDepth front-facing camera on iPhone X, setting the capture device’s activeFormat to a binned video format (see AVCaptureDeviceFormat isVideoBinned) for capture and enabling delivery of camera calibration data causes the resulting AVCameraCalibrationData to contain invalid information for the intrinsicMatrix property. (34200225)
Workaround: Select an alternate capture format whose isVideoBinned property is false.
Note: Configuring a capture session using a session preset never selects binned formats.
- Stillcapturerequestsusingthe720p30videoformatwiththe depthDataDeliveryEnabled property of AVCapturePhotoSettings set to true now works correctly. (32060882)
- Depthvaluesinthenondefault160x120and160x90depthdataformatsnowreturnthe correct values. (32363942)
- Client certificate-based authentication now works for servers using TLS 1.0 and 1.1. (33948230)
- Storing data to a nondefault event store in EventKit may not work. (31335830)
- Apps with a deployment target earlier than iOS 11 that subclass NSFileProviderExtension do not work on versions of iOS prior to 11. (34176623)
- NSURLSession and NSURLConnection now load URLs correctly when the system is configured with certain PAC files. (32883776)
Workaround: Use startSecureConnection to establish a secure connection.
- Data from an external GPS accessory is now accurately reported. (34324743)
- Silent push notifications are processed more frequently. (33278611)
- VNFaceLandmarkRegion2D is currently unavailable in Swift. (33191123)
- Facial landmarks identified by the Vision framework may flicker in temporal use casessuch as video. (32406440)
- Debugging a disabled Messages extension may cause the Messages app to crash. (33657938)Workaround: Enable the extension before starting the debug session.
- After a simulated iOS device starts up, it’s not possible to pull down Cover Sheet.(33274699)
Workaround: Lock and unlock the simulated device and then reopen Home screen.