Apple on Monday released iOS 10.3.1 to consumers, only a week after iOS 10.3 was released. There aren’t any indications this is a significant update. Instead, reports suggest the new software is primarily focused on squashing bugs and making the software run more smoothly.
Last week, Apple introduced iOS 10.3, which included a number of big changes. The biggest feature was the addition of Find My AirPods, which allows AirPods owners to track the wireless headphone down to their last known location. Additionally, the feature allows users to play a sound on one or both of the AirPods, making them easier to find should they be in earshot.
If any significant changes are uncovered in iOS 10.3.1, we’ll be sure to let you know. For now, we’ve included all the features that were made available in Apple’s most recent iOS 10.3 update.
● Support for paying and checking status of bills with payment apps
● Support for scheduling with ride booking apps
● Support for checking car fuel level, lock status, turning on lights and activating horn with automaker apps ● Cricket sports scores and statistics for Indian Premier League and International Cricket Council
● Shortcuts in the status bar for easy access to last used apps
● Apple Music Now Playing screen gives access to Up Next and the currently playing song’s album
● Daily curated playlists and new music categories in Apple Music
Other improvements and fixes
● Rent once and watch your iTunes movies across your devices
● New Settings unified view for your Apple ID account information, settings and devices
● Hourly weather in Maps using 3D Touch on the displayed current temperature
● Support for searching “parked car” in Maps
● Calendar adds the ability to delete an unwanted invite and report it as junk
● Home app support to trigger scenes using accessories with switches and buttons
● Home app support for accessory battery level status
● Podcasts support for 3D Touch and Today widget to access recently updated shows
● Podcast shows or episodes are shareable to Messages with full playback support
● Fixes an issue that could prevent Maps from displaying your current location after resetting Location & Privacy
● VoiceOver stability improvements for Phone, Safari and Mail
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
The Galaxy S20 Ultra's Space Zoom camera is amazing and a bit creepy
The Galaxy S20 Ultra supports up to 100X zoom, which Samsung calls Space Zoom, but is it any good? Can a phone really product usable photos at 100x zoom? We've got our Galaxy S20 Ultra already so join us to find out!
Win an iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch with the Reader's Choice giveaway!
What's the best phone of 2019? Is it the iPhone 11 Pro, Pixel 4 or OnePlus 7T? What about the best laptop, games console, tablet and more? Vote NOW in the Reader's Choice awards and win BIG in time for the holidays!
Here are the best products from IFA 2019!
Here are the products announced at IFA 2019 that were worthy of our Best of IFA 2019 awards. Also featuring MrMobile's single best product at the show!
Maximize the battery life of your iPhone X with these battery cases
Not only can these cases protect your phone, but they can also keep the battery going and going.