Apple on Thursday officially rolled out Clips, a social video editing app designed “for making fun videos to share with friends, family, and the world.” The app was first unveiled at the end of last month and is only available for iOS.
Here’s the app’s official description:
Videos made easy
• Clips lets you create videos in real time using simple controls — no timeline, tracks, or complicated editing tools
• Shoot live video and photos or add them from your library
• Easily mute audio, adjust the length of your clips, and reorder them • Clips looks and works great on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
• Create animated titles and captions using just your voice
• Captions are generated automatically as you speak and match the timing of your voiceover
• Mix and match different styles throughout your video • Tap your title to adjust text and punctuation or add inline emoji
• Give your photos and video clips a comic book look with color and black & white filters
• Drop in animated speech bubbles, arrows, and banners
• Add emoji on top of any photo or video clip
• Use full-screen posters with animated backgrounds and customizable text to help tell your story
• Drag and pinch while recording to add smooth pan and zoom animations to your photos and videos • Add a music track from your library or use built-in soundtracks that automatically adjust to the length of your video
• Clips suggests people to share with based on who is in your video and whom you share with most often
• Tap a person in the share sheet to instantly send your video via Messages • Send directly to Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, and other popular social media sites
According to the listing, Clips requires iOS 10.3 or later, and is compatible with devices such as the iPhone 7, iPhone 6s, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, and more.
You can download the app from the App Store right here.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.