Just as sure as Christmas will arrive, we'll receive information on Dec. 26 about what an amazing holiday season Amazon had. And truth be told some of the numbers this year are a bit mind-blowing.
This year Amazon saw its customers more items than ever before with top items including the Echo Dot, L.O.L. Surprise! Glam Glitter Series Doll, Bose QuietComfort Headphones, and more. Possibly the most surprising piece of information was that while you may have thought everyone already belonged to Prime, Amazon announced that tens of millions of people signed up for free trials and memberships.
"This season was our best yet, and we look forward to continuing to bring our customers what they want, in ways most convenient for them in 2019. We are thrilled that in the U.S. alone, more than one billion items shipped for free this holiday with Prime," said Jeff Wilke, CEO Worldwide Consumer. "Thank you to our employees all around the world who are committed to bringing our customers the widest selection of products with low prices and fast and free delivery options throughout the holidays and all year long."
- Customers purchased millions more Amazon Devices this holiday season compared to last year – the best-selling Amazon Devices this holiday included all-new Echo Dot, Fire TV Stick 4K with all-new Alexa Voice Remote, and Echo.
- It was a record holiday season for Amazon's Kids Edition devices; customers purchased more Echo Dot Kids Edition and Fire Kids Edition tablets than ever before.
- Customers purchased millions of Amazon Fire TV, Fire Tablet, and Kindle products this holiday season.
- Ring and Blink sold more devices this holiday season than ever before, as more and more customers are keeping their homes safe.
- Customers made their homes even smarter this year with a record number of smart home devices sold on Amazon.com; best-selling smart home devices included Amazon Smart Plug, Ring Video Doorbell 2, TP-Link Kasa Smart Plug Mini Outlet, and the iRobot Roomba 690.
- Customers used Alexa to listen to hundreds of millions more hours of music this holiday season compared to last holiday season, and on even more services – including Amazon Music, Spotify, Tidal, and Apple Music, among others.
- Customers asked Alexa to turn on their holiday lights tens of millions of times this holiday season, with the number one request being "Alexa, turn on the Christmas tree."
- Alexa delivered 8x as many reminders this holiday season compared to last.
- Alexa set more than one hundred million timers this holiday season.
- Customers requested nearly 3x as many recipes this holiday season compared to last and asked Alexa for cooking-related advice twice as much.
- Alexa helped mix hundreds of thousands of cocktails this holiday season – with eggnog and Moscow Mule being the most requested drinks.
- From carolers to delivery drivers and holiday guests, customers received millions of doorbell and motion announcements via Alexa this holiday season.
- Customers were in to the festive spirit with Alexa Skill Blueprints – popular Blueprints this holiday season were The Holiday Story, Santa's Letter, and the Hallmark Holiday Greeting.
- The number one holiday song that customers requested this holiday season was "All I Want for Christmas is You" by Mariah Carey.
- This holiday season, customers listened to more than one million holiday stories from Amazon Storytime on Alexa – the most popular holiday story was Rapping Paper.
- Customers around the world asked Alexa how many days or sleeps until Christmas this holiday season – customers in the United Kingdom were the most excited, asking twice as much as customers in any other country.
- Customers used Alexa nearly twice as much on Fire TV devices this holiday season compared to the same time period last year.
The best-selling toys in the U.S. and worldwide included the L.O.L. Surprise! Glam Glitter Series Doll with 7 Surprises, Nerf N-Strike Elite Strongarm Blaster, Melissa & Doug Scratch Art Rainbow Mini Notes with Wooden Stylus, Crayola Inspiration Art Case, and LEGO Creator Mighty Dinosaurs Toy.
The best-selling electronics this holiday season included Bose QuietComfort 35 (Series II) Wireless Headphones, the Samsung Flat 65″ 4K UHD 8 Series Smart LED TV, Apple iPad (Wi-Fi, 32GB) in Space Gray, Wemo Mini Smart Plug, Blue Yeti USB Microphone in Blackout, Wyze Cam 1080p HD Indoor Wireless Smart Home Camera, and HP Sprocket Photo Paper.
Some of the best-selling products from Amazon brands in the U.S. included Amazon Essentials Men's Long-Sleeve Plaid Flannel Shirts, Goodthreads Men's Short-Sleeve Crewneck Cotton T-Shirts, Daily Ritual Women's Skinny Stretch Jeggings, the Stone & Beam Ceramic Geometric Table Lamp, Pinzon Faux Fur Throw Blankets, AmazonBasics Multipurpose Scissors, Amazon Elements Baby Wipes, Presto! Toilet Paper, and Solimo Dark Roast Coffee K-Cup Pods.
It sounds as though Amazon sold a little bit of everything. It's a favorite around the Amazon offices as we're big fans of ease.
The Galaxy S20 Ultra's Space Zoom camera is amazing and a bit creepy
The Galaxy S20 Ultra supports up to 100X zoom, which Samsung calls Space Zoom, but is it any good? Can a phone really product usable photos at 100x zoom? We've got our Galaxy S20 Ultra already so join us to find out!
Win an iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch with the Reader's Choice giveaway!
What's the best phone of 2019? Is it the iPhone 11 Pro, Pixel 4 or OnePlus 7T? What about the best laptop, games console, tablet and more? Vote NOW in the Reader's Choice awards and win BIG in time for the holidays!
Here are the best products from IFA 2019!
Here are the products announced at IFA 2019 that were worthy of our Best of IFA 2019 awards. Also featuring MrMobile's single best product at the show!
Keep your form perfect with the best arm blasters
Need better form when you're working out? An arm blaster can help keep your posture perfect while isolating your arms to encourage growth and strength building while working out. Our top picks are...