With the arrival of iOS 11, Apple made it super easy to record your screen. The feature is a great tool for helping friends and family, whether they want to know how to turn on auto-brightness or take a screenshot.
So, how do you screen record on an iPhone? It’s actually pretty easy. But first, you’ll need to add the shortcut to your Control Center.
- Go to Settings > Control Center > Customize Controls
- Scroll down to the “more controls” section and find Screen Recording. Hit the little plus button next to it.
- Go back to the home screen or the app you want to screen record.
- If you’re on an iPhone X or later, swipe down from the upper-right corner of the display. If you’re on an iPhone 8 or earlier, swipe up from the bottom edge (below the dock). This will bring up Control Center.
- Press on the record icon (circle with a dot inside of it). A countdown will appear, indicating that screen recording is about to begin.
- To also record audio with your screen recording, press deeply on the record icon and turn your phone’s microphone on. This is great for providing both audio and visual instructions.
- To stop the recording, press the record icon in Control Center.
When a screen recording has been captured, it will save directly to your Camera Roll, where you can then edit the clip and share it with friends and family. Note that some apps won’t allow you to record audio.
It’s as simple as that. The next time your mom asks how to master the iPhone XS’ navigation gestures, the iPhone’s screen recording feature is a terrific tool.