There are no active ads.

Advertisement

More details about LG’s next major smartphone revealed

by Brandon Russell | January 19, 2018January 19, 2018 4:30 pm PST

LG has reportedly scrapped plans to launch the G7, instead opting to introduce a device built from scratch. That being said, don’t think for a second the company doesn’t have more immediate plans.

According to the Korea Herald, LG is gearing up to introduce a more advanced version of the V30 at Mobile World Congress in February.

The device, tentatively known as V30+, is said to feature improved intelligence features, the report claims, along with added functionality you wouldn’t find in last year’s V30.

LG recently said it was in no hurry to keep up with market trends as it look to rebound against Samsung and Apple. Whether the V30+ and its more advanced features can compete against something like the Galaxy S9 remains to be seen.

The V30 really was an underrated device, offering a sleek design and excellent camera features. We can likely expect more of the same from LG when the V30+ is announced next month.

As for the G7, LG is reportedly shelving its plans in favor of a new device that can differentiate itself from the competition. Mobile World Congress will kick off on February 26.


Brandon Russell

Brandon Russell enjoys writing about technology and entertainment. When he's not watching Back to the Future, you can find him on a hike or watching...

Advertisement