Fox has gone all in on the X-Men movies as of late, and now it looks like it’s time to hit other genres… including a haunted house?
Introduced in 1982, the New Mutants were a new generation of students taken in by Professor Xavier. They were young, untrained and unsure of themselves. Now as they make their big screen debut, it seems that we will be dealing with them in some sort of hospital where they are being haunted by the demons of their past and an unscrupulous doctor.
The line-up of mutants this time includes:
- Illyana Rasputin / Magik (played by Anya Taylor-Joy) – Russian sorceress and the sister of Colossus.
- Rahne Sinclair / Wolfsbane (played by Maisie Williams) – Scottish mutant “struggling to reconcile her religious beliefs with her power to turn into a wolf.”
- Sam Guthrie / Cannonball (played by Charlie Heaton) – Mutant from Kentucky “who can propel himself into the air and is invulnerable while doing so.”
- Roberto da Costa / Sunspot (played by Henry Zaga) – “a Brazilian mutant with the ability to manipulate solar energy.”
- Danielle Moonstar / Mirage (played by Blu Hunt) – Native American mutant “who has the power to create illusions drawn from the fears and desires of a person’s mind.
These are five of the best-known members of the New Mutants team, but with the odd setting we’ll just have to wait to see how much we actually get to see them use their powers.
The New Mutants will hit theaters on April 12, 2018.