Chances are you’ve lost your phone at home more than once. Not all of us are organized and on top of things, but now you can put your trust in Google’s simple solution to keep track of your phone. Through Google Assistant on Google Home, you may never lose your phone for more than a few minutes ever again.
Here’s how to find your phone with Google Home:
- Alert your Google Home by saying “OK Google” or “Hey Google”
- Give a command like “Find my phone” or “Where’s my phone?”
- Google Assistant will identify a phone for you, to which you can confirm or deny that being your phone
- When you finally confirm a phone for it, your phone will start ringing at a loud volume
- Turn your phone’s display on upon finding it and don’t forget to thank Google Home
Talking to the digital assistant allows you to ping your phone from wherever, but you’ll need to have both Google Home and your phone on the same WiFi network. Google’s technology isn’t quite ready to find your phone anywhere in the world just yet.