New devices for the home were introduced by Google at its event on Wednesday, but the company didn’t forget about its original product. Google Home received just as much attention as the new Mini and Max models.
The device that debuted in 2016 is receiving an update that allows calls to be placed using your personal phone number. It’s an extension of a feature that was announced at I/O in May and rolled out in a limited capacity in August. Now it’s ready for a full release.
Here’s how to link Google Home with your personal phone number:
- Open the Google app, head into its settings
- Go into Google Assistant’s settings, scroll down to the bottom
- Select “Calls on speakers” and hit the edit button
- Enter the phone number you’d like to use
- A verification text will be sent, so enter that code on your device
Your Google Home and your personal phone number are finally linked. If you’d like to make a call using Google Home, just say “OK Google” or “Hey Google” followed by a name or number. When the person or business on the other end receives the call, your number will be displayed.