Golf Story had a part in yesterday’s Nindies presentation, a video focused on the independent games coming to the Nintendo Switch over the next few months. This is a golfing RPG for the Nintendo Switch. It’s due to release “this summer.”
This is the golfing RPG I’ve wanted to play since the late 1990s.
See, in 1999, Mario Golf released for the Game Boy Color. That game had a single player mode that was essentially a golf RPG. It was entirely addictive, and I wound up dumping hours and hours into my Game Boy with it.
Here’s the reveal trailer for Golf Story.
This, too, looks like it’s more than golf. From developer Sidebar Games’ site, here’s what we’ll be able to get up to.
Here are some of the things you can do in the game:
- Tee up anywhere! You’ll be surprised by how many problems can be solved by hitting a golf ball at them.
- Explore 8 unique environments, each with their own courses, towns, people and secrets.
- Play through a dramatic story with a diverse cast of characters.
- Upgrade your golfer by completing challenges, solving puzzles and buying new equipment.
- Round out your skill set with long driver tournaments, disc golf, mini golf and wee links. Then go beyond golf with extra challenges like races, mowing, drone flights and geocaching.
Rad. Like I said, this looks like the RPG I’ve wanted to play since Nintendo published the Camelot developed classic Mario Golf.