Square Enix has finally announced the news we’ve all seen coming for months and months now. Final Fantasy XV is officially hitting the PC platform in early 2018. The company didn’t hammer down a more specific release date with the news.
The “Windows Edition” will feature all the free updates and DLC that hit Final Fantasy XV on the consoles.
Final Fantasy XV on PC will leverage the NVIDIA GameWorks tech, too, something games like Tomb Raider did as well. The email that included the news of the PC release offered this on the topic.
FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION will include the following GameWorks technology for real-time graphics and physics simulations:
- NVIDIA Flow – creates vivid, combustible fluid, fire and smoke.
- NVIDIA HairWorks – creates dynamic, life-like hair and fur for characters, animals and monsters that inhabit the game.
- NVIDIA ShadowWorks – enables characters to cast shadows on themselves.
- NVIDIA Turf Effects – creates life-like grass and vegetation in the game environment.
- NVIDIA VXAO – adds depth and realism based on the physics principles shadows and light.
- NVIDIA Ansel™, an in-game photography tool that allows gamers to compose shots from any position, adjust with post-process filters, capture HDR images in high fidelity formats, and share screenshots in 360 via a smartphone, PC or VR headset.
- NVIDIA ShadowPlay™ Highlights automatically captures the player’s greatest gaming achievements in video and screenshot, enabling seamless sharing through social channels.
Here’s the official reveal trailer, in 4K.