If there is a list of indie games I wouldn’t mind double-dipping for on the Nintendo Switch, then Severed is somewhere at the top. This brilliant little gem from DrinkBox nearly topped my list for Game of the Year contenders last year, and the Switch could be the best possible platform for it.
Severed is already a tight, perfectly paced RPG with the most natural sense of exploration I can think of in recent memory. With the ability to play it on a TV or anywhere in the palms of your hands, not to forget the bonus of playing HD with either choice, this could be the definitive version of the game.
In Severed, take control of a one-armed heroine wielding a living sword as she knits together pieces of her story from both the past and the future. Explore a surreal non-linear world using a touch based combat mechanic to defeat enemies in this first-person RPG. Progress in abilities, discover secrets of the land, and grow as you master both the art of attack and defense techniques. Let Severed be your mystery to unravel.
- Touch based combat mechanics where players can employ various play styles.
- Mysterious highly stylized world to explore.
- Play as a heroine in this 1st person view dungeon crawler-esque adventure.
- RPG style with progression of the main character through spells and items.
- Original soundtrack from Juno nominated band YT//ST and renowned Pantayo.
- Variety of enemies each possessing strengths and weaknesses to discover.
- Non-linear gameplay giving players autonomy over upgrade paths.
Severed is available today for the Nintendo Switch. You can also buy it for the PS Vita, Wii U, and Nintendo 3DS.