Dissidia Final Fantasy NT is coming to home consoles in the near future, and Square Enix has two interesting bits of news to announce. First up, the beta test! This will be the first chance many will get to actually play the fighting game on their home consoles, and it will run from 9:00 a.m. PT/12:00 p.m. EST on Aug. 26 until 9:00 a.m. PT/12:00 p.m. EST Sept. 4.
Not all of the characters who appear in the arcade version will be available during the beta. The original 14 characters, one from each mainline game, will appear in the beta. Most likely, the arcade additions will appear in the final product.
The available characters will be:
- Warrior of Light (Final Fantasy)
- Firion (Final Fantasy II)
- Onion Knight (Final Fantasy III)
- Cecil Harvey (Final Fantasy IV)
- Bartz Klauser (Final Fantasy V)
- Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI)
- Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII)
- Squall Leonhart (Final Fantasy VIII)
- Zidane Tribal (Final Fantasy IX)
- Tidus (Final Fantasy X)
- Shantotto (Final Fantasy XI)
- Vaan (Final Fantasy XII)
- Lightning (Final Fantasy XIII)
- Y’shtola (Final Fantasy XIV)
The other bit of news Square Enix confirmed was a brand new character in the world’s greatest Dad, Jecht. Final Fantasy X protagonist Tidus and his father go to town on each other in his debut trailer. He will appear in both the arcade and home console versions.
Dissidia Final Fantasy NT comes to the PlayStation 4 on Nov. 26 in Japan. It is expected to launch worldwide in Q1/Q2 of 2018.