Well, there goes all of our trademark jokes. Square Enix hinted that it would be bringing back the Magitek Armor to Final Fantasy XV in spite of it looking just like the recent Power Rangers reboot. However, the company wisely swapped up the designs to avoid any legal entanglements…
…and instead made a force of murderous killers that would make Pyramid Head run for cover. I’ve seen Final Fantasy XV dig into some wildly unconventional genres for inspiration, but I never expected Silent Hill and survival horror to enter the fray.
Update 1.13 is available now and adds the armor and a few other additions.
- New quest(s) have been added to Meldacio Hunter HQ (after Chapter 8).
- A new ally cooperation system called “Rush Link” has been added.
- The “Magitek Armor” invincibility suits have been added.
- The limited time content “Moogle Chocobo Carnival” has been reopened.
- Various bugs have been fixed.
- Save data from this version cannot be used with save data from an old version.
- If you overwrite save data from the old version with save data of this version, it can no longer be used in the old version.
Yup, don’t worry if it gets too scary
If murdering enemy soldiers and monsters in psychotic armor becomes a little too much, the Moogle Chocobo Carnival is back if you want to take a break and win some fun prizes.
Final Fantasy XV is available now for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.