Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age is already proving to be a valuable investment for Square Enix. The game has been on the market for a week, and it topped the UK sales charts as the best-selling game of the week.
Of course, the competition wasn’t exactly up to speed with hot, new releases. July is often drier than the deserts of Ivalice, but the game did top Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare and end Crash Bandicoot’s record-breaking reign. See the full list below.
1. Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age – Square Enix
2. Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare – Activision Blizzard
3. Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy – Activision Blizzard
4. Overwatch – Activision Blizzard
5. Grand Theft Auto V – Take 2
6. Forza Horizon 3 – Microsoft
7. Minecraft: Xbox Edition – Microsoft
8. Wipeout: Omega Collection – Sony Interactive Entertainment
9. Horizon Zero Dawn – Sony Entertainment
10. Injustice 2 – Warner Bros. Interactive
It would appear I’m one of the many people who are rediscovering just how great this game is. Final Fantasy XII has suffered for years as an underrated entry in the series, and the lack of availability hasn’t helped its reputation undergo a proper re-evaluation. You can pick it up now for the PlayStation 4.
Hey, Square Enix! What are the chances for a PS Vita release?