Twitter has released a new filter that allows you to mute notifications for accounts that don’t follow you, which should help curb the network’s growing number of spam profiles.
Recently, Twitter introduced a slew of other advanced filters, letting you snooze alerts for accounts that have a default profile picture and haven’t confirmed their email address.
Here’s a list of all of the different filters Twitter supports:
- Accounts that are new (that you don’t follow)
- Accounts that don’t follow you (that you don’t follow)
- Accounts you don’t follow
- Accounts with a default profile photo (that you don’t follow)
- Accounts without a confirmed email address (that you don’t follow)
- Accounts without a confirmed phone number (that you don’t follow)
To activate the filters on a desktop, navigate into the Notifications section, tap the Settings icon, then set your preferred restraints.