OnePlus is now in the midst of rolling out its third software update for the recently-released OnePlus 5. The upgrade, which weighs in at a little under 60MB, brings optimizations for vibration intensity, video recording, voice calling and Wi-Fi connectivity.
- Fixed Wi-Fi signal consistently being displayed as weak
- Fixed certain apps not able to work under IPv6 network settings
- To restore connectivity to a Windows 10 PC, please turn off USB debugging prior to the upgrade
- Clearer voice calling
- Further improvements to Wi-Fi connectivity
- Video recording now consumes less battery
- Vibration intensity when receiving calls is now tuned to a gentler level
The release will reach a small percentage of users on Thursday and will gradually make its way to more devices, explains OnePlus. It’s unclear whether the OTA is being distributed region-by-region, but it should arrive on your handset by the end of next week.
What’s a OnePlus 5?
Announced back in June, the OnePlus 5 is OnePlus’ latest “flagship killer.” It sports a 5.5-inch Full HD display, a Snapdragon 835 processor, 8GB of RAM, a 16MP dual rear-facing camera, a 16MP front-facing shooter and a 3,300mAh battery.