Thor: Ragnarok isn’t due in theaters for a few more months, but that doesn’t mean the merchandise can’t start showing up. First up, LEGO.
LEGO unveiled its first two sets based on Thor: Ragnarok on Thursday, and both are looking like there’s a lot of fun to be had. First up is the “Thor vs. Hulk: Arena Clash” set. The set is available from June 1 in some parts of the world and will hit the U.S. on Aug. 1 for $59.99. Included in the set are:
- Includes 4 minifigures: Thor, Loki, Grandmaster and a Sakaarian Guard, plus a Hulk big figure.
- The arena features a sliding gate, interchangeable wall sections, opening wall section with secret weapons rack plus spear, axe and sword, opening prison cell, 2 topple-function pillars with translucent floodlight-style elements, smash-function wall, plus a throne for Grandmaster and seat for Loki—each with knock-over function.
- Weapons include Thor’s 2 swords, the guard’s staff and Hulk’s axe and hammer.
- Accessory elements include Thor’s new-for-June 2017 helmet, super jumper and sword holder.
- All 4 included minifigures are new for June 2017.
- Hulk stands over 2” (7cm) tall.
- Arena when opened out measures over 7” (19cm) high, 15” (39cm) wide and 2” (7cm) deep.
The second LEGO Thor: Ragnarok set announced on Thursday was the “Ultimate Battle for Asgard.” This one comes in at $49.99 in the U.S. and you can pick it up beginning on Aug. 1. Other parts of the world will see it on June 1. This set includes:
- Includes 6 minifigures: Thor, Bruce Banner, Valkyrie, Hela, two Berserkers, plus a buildable Fenris wolf figure.
- The Commodore spaceship features an opening minifigure cockpit, 2 dual stud shooters, opening storage compartment and a minifigure-drop function.
- The Fenris wolf has a buildable head with glow-in-the-dark eye elements, minifigure seat and posable joints.
- Weapons include Thor and Hela’s Power Blasts (3 each), Hela’s sword and axe, Valkyrie’s sword and the Berserkers’ blades (2 each).
- Accessory elements include Thor’s new-for-June-2017 helmet and Hela’s brick-built legs.
- Attach the Power Blast elements to Thor and Hela’s hands and push inwards to fire!
- All 6 included minifigures are new for June 2017.
- Bruce Banner minifigure has 2 faces—turn the head to begin his transformation into angry Hulk.
- Commodore spaceship measures over 1” (3cm) high, 8” (22cm) long and 7” (20cm) wide.
- The Fenris wolf measures over 3” (8cm) high, 6” (16cm) long and 2” (6cm) wide.
All-in-all if you’re a LEGO fan, the new mini-figures are going to help draw you in. If you’re just a fan of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, well, just remember that LEGO sets always provide some clues about what to expect.
Thor: Ragnarok hits theaters on Nov. 3.