Advertisement

Neill Blomkamp’s Alien sequel isn’t happening says Ridley Scott

Imagine it. Alien 3 and Alien: Resurrection never happened. I just made your day better on that alone, right? Now, instead, imagine we had a third Alien movie starring Sigourney Weaver and Michael Biehn as Corporal Hicks. For a while, it was almost a thing. But now, the director behind the Alien franchise says that’s not happening.

In an interview with French magazine Allocine, Ridley Scott talked about the potential sequel, which was to be helmed by Neill Blomkamp, the director behind District 9 and Chappie.

“I don’t think it will ever see the light of day,” he said. “There was never a script. Just an idea that evolved from a dozen or so pages. I had to participate as a producer, but it didn’t go further because Fox decided it didn’t want to do it. As far as I was concerned, I had already done Prometheus and I was already working on Covenant.”

That’s pretty negative. But then, Scott’s kind of a sour guy. Remember when he said superhero movies suck?

Except apparently there was a script

Speaking to Entertainment Weekly last summer, Sigourney Weaver said, “well, we have a great script,” but that Fox asked them to delay the movie so Scott could shoot the movie now called Alien: Covenant.  So was there, or wasn’t there? My instincts tell me to trust Ripley. We don’t mess with Ripley.

But with Scott’s new film being called Alien: Covenant instead of just Covenant, the chances are slimmer than ever. The chances we’ll get to see Ripley and Hicks on-screen together is all but dead.

Come cry with me in the comments, if you like. Scott’s Alien: Covenant hits theaters on May 19.

ScreenRant

Advertisement


Eric Frederiksen

Eric Frederiksen has been a gamer since someone made the mistake of letting him play their Nintendo many years ago, pushing him to beg for his own,...Eric Frederiksen has been a gamer since someone made the mistake of letting him play their Nintendo many years ago, pushing him to beg for his own,...


Advertisement