Darksiders III hasn’t been revealed yet, but this new leak from Amazon all but proves its existence. THQ Nordic has the series up and running after five years of absense with a new game on the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.
In addition to a batch of screenshots, Amazon also leaked details on the game.
- Play as FURY – a mage who must rely on her whip and magic to restore the balance between good and evil on Earth!
- Harness FURY’s magic to unleash her various forms – each granting her access to new weapons, moves and traversal abilities
- Explore an open-ended, living, free-form game world in which FURY moves back and forth between environments to uncover secrets while advancing the story
- Defeat the Seven Deadly Sins and their servants who range from mystical creatures to degenerated beings
- Darksiders signature art style – expansive post-apocalyptic environments that take the player from the heights of heaven to the depths of hell, dilapidated by war and decay and overrun by nature
Because this is a leak, treat all information as a rumor for now.
How about them Zelda comparisons now?
The first Darksiders game was a fun if slightly forgettable action romp with a cool hero and a dungeon structure that drew immediate comparisons to The Legend of Zelda. In fact, what I best remember about it was, left and right, outlets were trying to say how it was a better Zelda game than Skyward Sword.
Now that Breath of the Wild has a brand new face, Darksiders might become the series that fills in the gaping hole in our lives that is the old Zelda layout.
Darksiders III is expected to be released for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC in 2018 if this rumor pans out.