Blizzard’s fooling with the meta for Overwatch again, as they always do based on play and feedback. This time, some much needed buffs and nerfs are being dished out to a whole host of heroes.
The biggest of the changes hit Ana and Winston. Ana’s damage is being decreased and her biotic grenade is being nerfed a bit.
Winston? Winston’s changes are good news for fans of the big guy. His barrier cooldown now starts as soon as the barrier is activated, not after it dies. That should reduce the amount of time it takes to get the barrier back by a large margin, helping Winston and his team quite a bit.
Now, if they can only make him a touch less squishy.
Full list of buffs and nerfs
Here’s the change list from VG247. We simply organized it in terms of buffs and nerfs.
- Damage decreased from 80 to 60
- Impact damage reduced from 60 to 30
- Impact healing reduced from 100 to 50
- Magazine size lowered from 200 to 150
- Cost increased by 15%
- No longer hurts himself from his own explosions. (Effect added to current passive: Total Mayhem)
- Sound effects and VO distance for entering and exiting Stealth reduced to 15 meters.
- Cooldown reduced from 6s to 4s
- Cooldown now starts when the barrier is placed, instead of when it ends
-Orb of Destruction
- Alternate fire recovery reduced from 1s to 0.6s
-Orb of Discord
- Can now target enemies through barriers
Again, this is only live on the PTR. These changes will likely make it to the full version of the game, but we won’t know until it’s officially patched.