If you didn’t catch Rogue One: A Star Wars Story in theaters, you’ll have a chance to watch it at home very soon. Disney this week announced the spinoff will be released on digital HD on March 24, followed by the Blu-ray on April 4.
Disney says the home release will feature a number of bonus features, from an insight into the movie’s inception to the creation of K-2SO. There’s also a bonus feature dedicated to connecting Rogue One to other films in the Star Wars universe.
Strangely, it doesn’t appear any deleted scenes are included in any of the releases. That’s odd, considering the movie supposedly went through a series of re-shoots a few months ahead of its theatrical release. Some shots from the movie’s trailers didn’t even make it into the final film.
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story bonus features:
- A Rogue Idea – Hear how ILM’s John Knoll came up with the movie’s concept – and why it’s the right film to launch the Star Wars stand-alone films.
- Jyn: The Rebel – Get to know Rogue One’s defiant, resourceful survivor, and hear what it was like for Felicity Jones to bring her to life onscreen.
- Cassian: The Spy – Diego Luna shares insights into his complex, driven character, who becomes a hero through selflessness, perseverance and passion.
- K-2SO: The Droid – Explore the development of this reprogrammed Imperial droid, from initial pitch and character design through Alan Tudyk’s performance.
- Baze & Chirrut: Guardians of the Whills – Go deeper into the relationship between these two very different characters, with Chinese superstars Jiang Wen and Donnie Yen.
- Bodhi & Saw: The Pilot & The Revolutionary – Forest Whitaker and Riz Ahmed reflect on Saw Gerrera, the broken Rebel leader, and Bodhi Rook, the Imperial pilot who defects.
- The Empire – Meet a dangerous new Imperial adversary…and cross paths once more with the most iconic villain of all time.
- Visions of Hope: The Look of “Rogue One” – The filmmakers describe the challenges and thrills of developing a bold new look for the movie that can fit within the world of the original trilogy.
- The Princess & The Governor – See what it took to bring the vibrant young princess of “Star Wars: A New Hope” – as well as one of her most memorable foes– – back to the screen.
- Epilogue: The Story Continues – Filmmakers and cast celebrate Rogue One’s premiere and look forward into the future, to the Star Wars stories yet to be told.
- Rogue Connections – Uncover Easter eggs and film facts hidden throughout the movie that connect “Rogue One” to the Star Wars universe.
It’s very possible Disney is saving any deleted scenes (and accompanying audio commentary) for a collectible release later in the year. When The Force Awakens was released on 3D Blu-ray, it came with features not seen on the original Blu-ray release.
Disney says digital bonus offerings may vary by retailer.