Apple on Monday rolled out iOS 10.3 beta 3 to developers, which includes features such as Find My AirPods, CarPlay improvements, and more.
According to 9to5Mac, iOS 10.3 is a fairly minor update, with most of the changes focused primarily on bug fixes and enhancements. One of the biggest features, as mentioned, is the inclusion of Find My AirPods, though that’s obviously only useful for people who have purchased Apple’s wireless earbuds.
Some other changes coming to the new software include:
- Find My AirPods added to Find My iPhone app
- Siri support for cricket scores from Indian Premier League and International Cricket Council
- Safari support for Reduced Motion preference
- Prominent user security section in Settings app
- iOS 10.3 uses new Apple File System (APFS) which may free up some space
- Podcasts app has a widget like Music app, same app design
- New system level way for developers to request app rating, opt out option in Settings
- CarPlay status bar has persistent quick access to media, communication, and travel apps for quick switching without accessing the Home screen
- CarPlay gains quick access to albums from songs in Music, new Up Next screen
- Weather data in Maps app now has 3D Touch forecast
If anything major pops up in the new beta we’ll be sure to update this post. Developers should see the new beta rolling out now.