There are no active ads.

Advertisement

New Star Wars Battlefront for Holiday 2017, single player campaign confirmed

by Joey Davidson | February 1, 2017February 1, 2017 6:00 am PDT

EA’s now triple confirmed that we’ll have a new Battlefront this year, and they’ve further indicated that it’ll be a holiday release.

EA’s been pretty clear about the fact that we’ll see a new Star Wars Battlefront in 2017.  In May of last year, EA told investors that the next entry would hit in 2017. In November, EA CFO Blake Jorgensen told investors that the next entry would come “a year from now.”

A year from November 2016 is, of course, November 2017. That holiday 2017 window was once again confirmed on an investor call last night by EA. Of course, the game’s coming out this holiday. It’ll launch alongside Star Wars: The Last Jedi‘s theatrical debut. Did you think EA would let that flick hit without a game? Come on…

The next Battlefront to have loads more, single player campaign coming

In the statement to shareholders, EA even confirmed that the game will feature a single player campaign. Here’s the blurb:

Our next Star Wars Battlefront will be even bigger, taking players into more locations, and allowing them to play with more heroes and characters across multiple Star Wars eras. There will be new ways to play, including an all-new single-player campaign, and much, much more that we are excited to share with our players in the months ahead. To build a game of this magnitude, we’ve brought together three great studios – DICE, Motive, and Criterion – and aligned their areas of expertise to deliver an amazing experience in the next Star Wars Battlefront.

We hope the campaign will include more than the missions we saw in the most recent Battlefront.

EA

Joey Davidson

Joey Davidson leads the gaming department here on TechnoBuffalo. He's been covering games online for more than 10 years, and he's a lover of all...

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement