There are no active ads.

Advertisement

Galaxy S8 won’t be unveiled next month during MWC

by Todd Haselton | January 23, 2017January 23, 2017 6:30 am PDT

Bad news if you were hoping to get your hands on a Galaxy S8 by the end of February. Samsung recently identified the problems involved with the Galaxy Note 7 and, in its statements, said the Galaxy S8 won’t be unveiled during Mobile World Congress next month.

“The lessons of this incident are deeply reflected in our culture and process,” Samsung’s head of mobile Koh Dong-jin said, according to Reuters. “Samsung Electronics will be working hard to regain consumer trust.”

Rumors late last year had suggested Samsung may still unveil the phone during Mobile World Congress, where it typically unveils its new “Galaxy S” handsets, though other reports had suggested it won’t be ready to hit the market until April.

G6 at MWC

Given the later launch date, it makes sense that Samsung might decide to hold a solo event somewhere else, perhaps New York City as it did with the Galaxy Note 7, instead of trying to rush the unveil. The Galaxy S8 will still have some competition at the show, however. LG is expected to unveil the flagship G6 during the conference. Whether or not that actually hits the market first is still unknown, however.

Reuters

Todd Haselton

Todd Haselton has been writing professionally since 2006 during his undergraduate days at Lehigh University. He started out as an intern with...

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement