Final Fantasy XV’s first DLC will be made available next week on Dec. 22, and sadly, that is also the day I must leave Final Fantasy XV behind in Japan as I travel to be with loved ones for the holidays. No Holiday Pack for me, I suppose.
At least Noctis and friends look like they’ll be settled in for a nice holiday season. Two DLC packs will be released with costumes, content, fun times to go around, and, yes, Noctis in a sombrero. Season pass owners get a whole bundle of cosmetic toys and accessories that are actually useful in the game:
- Protect Ring
- Command Booster (Only for Noctis)
- Phantom Booster (Only for Noctis)
- Instant Kill Victory Song
- Battle Skill Victory Song
- Key of Fortune
- Stamina Anchor (Only for Noctis)
- Carnival Style (Only for Noctis)
- Photo Frame (Holiday Pack Limited Edition)
- Limited Time Carnival Tickets+
And meanwhile, those who don’t have the season pass will get a much more simple, yet still generous offering.
Holiday Pack (Free Version)
- Level Stopper
- Annihilation Victory Song
- Mog Choco T-shirt (Only for Noctis)
- Limited Time Carnival Tickets
Making Final Fantasy XV last a long time
The Final Fantasy franchise owns a fandom that should allow Final Fantasy XV to remain relevant no matter how much time passes. That’s the benefit of having 30 years of legacy pushing your game forward, something many modern hits have yet to establish.
However, for mainstream audiences who might not be aware or have no experience with drawing out a JRPG like this, this is the first glimpse of how Square Enix is going to ride this gravy train straight into 2017 and 2018.