Remember when we were all riding that No Man’s Sky hype train? There was a clip back then that showed off massive space battles in action.
The game launched, and like a lot of other things with the experience, the space battles were significantly smaller.
A new patch has released for No Man’s Sky that tweaks those space battles, among other things. You’ll finally see the massive ones. Will you chase fighters below a planet’s atmosphere to the surface and then back into space again like the trailer suggests? No, not yet, but maybe that’s coming.
No Man's Sky is getting better
No Man’s Sky‘s latest patch is a solid effort
The full patch notes include a few key changes and bug fixes. Dig into them below. Is this getting closer to the No Man’s Sky we were all so hyped for?
We’ve released another patch across both PC and PS4 which is available to download on both platforms now! Read on for full patch notes:
- Fixed a bug that would make the player character small
- Space battles will now vary in size more and players should see bigger battles.
- Fixed the instantaneous death loop that could occur in survival mode if you saved with 1 health and no hazard protection. You will still be on the verge of death when you load in, but it won’t happen instantaneously.
- [PC] Fix for steam controller not being able to warp.
- [PC] Removed up, down, left, right as quick menu navigation keys to allow left handed players to move while using the quick menu.
- [PC] Page Up and Page down can now be used to navigate up and down in the quick menu.
- Removed duplicated planets from discoveries menu.
- Fixed an issue with redeeming promo ships in survival, which would result in the ship being spawned above the ground.
- Fix for missing ruins underwater which could cause missions to point to nothing.
- Various audio tweaks and fixes:
- Added ladder climbing sounds.
- Fixed base building prop sounds not playing when placed inside a Freighter.
- Added sound effect for calling Freighters.
- Added sound effect when using communication stations.
- Fixed an issue which could affect ambient sound in Freighters.
- Changed the sound effect when using the Terminus Teleporter.
- Fixed some rare crashes.