You know what time of year it is. Time to empty our wallets for our friends, family, and ourselves. Black Friday’s just a few days away, but GOG.com is getting things rolling early – their sale began at 6 a.m. EST today.
While a more traditional storefront like Steam focuses on newer titles, GOG – short for Good Old Games – focuses on older games and smaller studios with old-school sensibilities, and it is going to have a different lineup of games than what we’ll see on other storefronts.
Grim Dawn offers up a great-looking and even-more-Gothic take on Diablo, while 1989’s Sword of the Samurai asks for just $1.79 to take you back in time to both the early days of gaming and to ancient Japan for some strategic gaming co-developed by Sid Meier.
Here are some of the deals we can expect to see
- Limbo at 80 percent off or, if you own it on Steam, free
- Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition at 50 percent off
- Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines at 75 percent off
- S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series up to 75 percent off
- Kerbal Space Program at 40 percent off
- Grim Dawnat 45 percent off
- Day of the Tentacle Remastered at 33 percent off
- Banished at 75 percent off
There are sure to be many more deals, so keep an eye out for the good stuff starting tonight.