“HD remaster” is now a buzzword of the past. Nowadays, it’s all about that 4K resolution support. Every game is looking to hit the magic number on the PlayStation 4 Pro and PC, even Darksiders!
The latest game to get 4K support is this sleeper hit from 2010. It’s an odd choice, but because of comparisons to The Legend of Zelda back when it was first released and a genuinely good single player campaign, the nostalgia seems genuine enough to give double dippers a second chance to play.
Darksiders Warmastered Edition Features
• PS4, Xbox One and Wii U versions of Darksiders (Wrath of War)
• Native 1080p rendering resolution for console platforms
• 4K support for PC and PS4 Pro
• Doubled all the texture resolutions
• Rendering improvements and rework
• 60 FPS in moment to moment gameplay (30 for Wii U)About Darksiders
Deceived by the forces of evil into prematurely bringing about the end of the world, War – the first Horseman of the Apocalypse – stands accused of breaking the sacred law by inciting a war between Heaven and Hell. In the slaughter that ensued, the demonic forces defeated the heavenly hosts and laid claim to the Earth.
Hunted by a vengeful group of Angels, War must take on the forces of Hell, forge uneasy alliances with the very demons he hunts, and journey across the ravaged remains of the Earth on his quest for vengeance and vindication.
• Apocalyptic Power – Unleash the wrath of War, combining brutal attacks and supernatural abilities to decimate all who stand in your way
• Extreme Arsenal – Wield a devastating arsenal of angelic, demonic and Earthly weapons; and blaze a trail of destruction atop Ruin, War’s fiery phantom steed
• Epic Quest – Battle across the wastelands and demon-infested dungeons of the decimated Earth in your quest for vengeance and redemption
• Character Progression – Uncover powerful ancient relics, upgrade your weapons, unlock new abilities, and customize your gameplay style
• Battle Heaven and Hell – Battle against all who stand in your way – from war-weary angelic forces to Hell’s hideous demon hordes
If Darksiders can get 4K support, what else can?
Like I said, it’s a weird choice to pick a game dancing just on the edge of relevancy. Far more popular games that Darksiders never get that opportunity. It would be like if a cult hit such as Vanquish were to be given another chance with the boosted resolution…
…hey, SEGA. How about it? That sounds like a great idea to me!