Of course Watch Dogs 2 is going to have a season pass! What, did you think it wasn’t? We have 12 days to go until launch, so we almost made it without hearing what Ubisoft is offering.
But alas, PlayStation Blog has all the details on what’s being offered in the season pass, so check it out in the trailer above or read the deets below.
- T-Bone Content Bundle: Players will get the style and the swagger of legendary hacker Raymond “T-Bone” Kenney with his truck and outfit, and they’ll discover Mayhem — a new co-op difficulty level that will pit players against a new enemy archetype armed with advanced weaponry.
- Human Conditions: Through several hours of additional mission content in three new world stories, players will uncover San Francisco’s biggest scandals on the cutting edge of science, medicine, and misuse. In Human Conditions, players will also experience new elite co-op missions and face a new enemy type: Jammer, with the technology to hunt players down.
- No Compromise: Players will experience an all-new world story which mixes Marcus up in the seedy underbelly of San Francisco and puts him in the crosshairs of the Russian mafia. Also includes a new co-op mode: Showd0wn, where only the best players survive.
Exclusive content for the season pass includes:
- Root Access Bundle: Includes full sets of outfits, new cars, a drone skin, and a new weapon, as well as the Zodiac Killer mission.
- Psychedelic Pack: Customize Marcus’s outfit, weapon, drone, and car in the grooviest style.
All this DLC for $39.99
I’ve never bought a season pass for a video game when it launched, so I have no idea how much they usually cost. Unless I’m writing about them, I tend to ignore the news. However, $39.99 seems like a hefty price for three DLC packs. That’s nearly the price of the whole game! I thought expansions used to cost $10 or so each before the idea of season passes came around. That was back in the olden day of Fallout 3 and Mass Effect 2 when DLC still excited me.
Is $39.99 the standard price nowadays? Three story missions and two sets of outfits, weapons and equipment. Remember, you’re buying this all up without a single review.
Watch Dogs 2 launches for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on Nov. 15. The PC version releases on Nov. 29. We’ve liked it in previews.