Android doesn’t have one clear-cut way to snap screenshots. Some phones require you to knock the screen. Others require a swipe with the back of your palm, and still others ask you to hold a combination of power and volume button keys. Wondering how to snap a screenshot on the Google Pixel? I was, too, and I stumbled across some incorrect information along the way. Then I found the correct process.
Here’s how to take a screencap (or screengrab) on the Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL:
- Open the screen you want to take a screenshot of.
- Tap and hold the power button and volume down button at the same time.
- This can be tricky. If you don’t do it exactly right, either the volume will move down a notch or you’ll trigger the regular power button function.
- If you were successful, you’ll see an animation of the screenshot quickly appear and fade out.
- You can find your screenshots in the “Photos” app on your Google Pixel or Google Pixel XL
That’s all there is to it! Happy screenshotting.