PlayStation 4’s 4.00 firmware update brings to the console the much lauded HDR gaming experience. Sony has hyped this latest addition as a way to boost the color performance of games rather than frame-rates or resolutions, greatly improving image quality. Best of all, you don’t need a PlayStation 4 Pro to experience it!
Those skeptical of Sony and Microsoft’s latest console plans can still experience the most exciting innovation without upgrading!
The problem is not a lot of games have jumped onto the bandwagon yet. As of now, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is the first and only game to officially support HDR gaming, and it does so on both the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One S, just in case Microsoft decides to add the feature in the future.
See below for Deus Ex’s update 1.05’s full list of firmware details and updates.
- Crash during the shooting range tutorial
- After talking to Vega, a freeze would occur when the player left the poor District, after seeing Miller first
- Koller’s fate after completing All in the Family, if the player spared Gallois
- Exiting a tutorial during a flashbang\typhoon effect would cause the flashbang\typhoon effect to stay on screen permanently
- Rarely, the hallway leading to Talos Rucker’s room would not stream in after reaching the top of the elevator
- Saving on the base build while NPCs are in search state and updating to day one patch, would cause the NPCs to search forever on that save
New Breach content
- Avatar customization (possibility to change the appearance of the Ripper in-game)
- Overworld Map
- New Santeau Corporation (New Maps and Darknet file)
- New UI for avatar customization
- New items: Premium Ripper Skins (2)
- New item: Premium weapon (1)
The PC build, update 1.8, adds all of these features, but it does not yet support HDR gaming.