OnePlus is today rolling out another nice update for the OnePlus 3 to make improvements to Doze, add an NFC toggle to Quick Settings, and to make a number of welcome fixes. The update comes less than three weeks after OxygenOS 3.2.1.
OnePlus has already made some noticeable improvements to the OnePlus 3’s camera performance since the handset made its debut, and there are more to look forward to in this release — including improved noise cancellation when recording video.
The 4K video recording codec has also been updated, and OnePlus has applied the latest security patches. Here’s the full list of changes:
- Improved notification management in doze.
- Addressed alert slider/silent mode issue.
- Disabled fingerprint sensor while in pocket.
- Added NFC toggle in quick settings.
- Improved noise cancellation in video recording.
- Updated 4K video recording codec.
- Added latest security patches and various optimizations.
It’s unclear if this update will address the battery drain issue some OnePlus 3 owners have experienced since updating to OxygenOS 3.2.1, but OnePlus doesn’t make any mention of battery life changes or improvements in its forum post.
Like all OxygenOS updates this one will roll out to users in phases, so don’t be too concerned if you can’t download it right away. Providing all goes well, it should only take a few days to reach all users.