Square Enix has released 10 minutes of footage of World of Final Fantasy through PlayStation Access. Many are still looking at this game, wondering what exactly the heck it is, and these 10 minutes are the deepest glimpse into the gameplay we’ve seen yet.
By all accounts, this is a full blown JRPG with its own leveling system, battle system, and storyline. The chibi-character art might be a turn-off for those looking for a more serious affair, but don’t let them fool you. Square Enix puts the playtime at hundreds of hours, and, so far, the information we’ve seen shows that it will be able to back that up.
As noted by the video and Nova Crystallis, new details from the video include:
- Load times have been significantly reduced allowing for shorter battle transitions.
- Each monster has their own evolutions and skill trees.
- Bosses can have their own set of stacked monsters too.
- Press the touchpad or touchscreen to repeat the same attack and enter auto battle mode. Tap it again and you will leave auto battle mode.
- Iconic characters from the Final Fantasy series can be summoned by using medals.
World of Final Fantasy launches for the PlayStation 4 and PS Vita on Oct. 25.