We’ll take the good news with the bad as it relates to Persona 5. The good news? We finally have a North American release date for both the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 versions of Persona 5. The bad news? Japan will see the game on September 15, 2016, North America will have to wait until February 14, 2017. Release dates for other regions have not been announced yet.
Localization will cause territories beyond Japan to wait almost half a year to play the next entry in this beloved franchise.
Along with the release date, Atlus announced some special editions for future collectors and rabid fans. Here’s the skinny, as per the press release.
Available only to PS4 pre-orders and a limited number of day-one purchases, while supplies last.
- SteelBook: The PS4 version will come specially packaged in a SteelBook collectible case, emblazoned with Persona 5 designs.
Exclusive to the PS4 version of the game, the premium edition includes the following:
- Soundtrack CD: A selection of music from Persona 5 by legendary series composer Shoji Meguro in a CD wallet featuring P5 artwork.
- 4″ Morgana plush: Morgana the cat is not just the mascot of the Phantom Thieves, but is also a member–and also not just a cat! The premium edition includes an exclusive 4″ plush of Morgana.
- 64-page hardcover art book: This art book is full of concept sketches, character art, and more by character designer Shigenori Soejima.
- SteelBook: As strong as a vault, the game disc for the PS4 will come specially packaged in a SteelBook collectible case, emblazoned with Persona 5 designs.
- School bag: Designed after the traditional school bags in Japan, the exclusive replica bag comes complete with the Shujin Academy crest.
- Collectible outer box: Easily the largest premium edition in ATLUS’ history, the entirety of the “Take Your Heart” Premium Edition comes in a colossal collectible box.
Hit the links above to snag either version on Amazon.
We’ll have more on Persona 5 as it comes. Stay tuned.