A who’s who of writers has been collected to help build out Hasbro’s cinematic universe, Hollywood Reporter said on Thursday. In all, there are 10 names set to assemble in a “writers room,” which will see the team come together and spitball ideas for properties that include G.I. Joe, Micronauts, Visionaries, and more.
Among the names, many have been involved with Marvel properties; Cheo Coker was the showrunner for Netflix’s Luke Cage, while Nicole Perlman co-wrote Guardians of the Galaxy and Captain Marvel. Meanwhile, the list also includes Michael Chabon, a Pulitzer Prize winner, and Brian K. Vaughn, who was a showrunner of Under the Dome.
“We first and foremost put together a list of writers who we wanted to be in business with and could be the world-builders that we needed,” said Stephen Davis, Hasbro COO. “But we want to be sure that in the room we have diverse perspectives, diverse backgrounds and diverse experiences.”
According to Davis, the upcoming movies will broaden the focus to be more inclusive to female audiences, something that already exists in the brands. Below are some other big names included in the writers room:
- Lindsey Beer, who was just hired to adapt Kingkiller Chronicle for Lionsgate
- Cheo Coker, showrunner of Marvel’s Netflix show Luke Cage
- John Francis Daley and Jonathan Goldstein, the comedy writing team who penned Spider-Man: Homecoming
- Joe Robert Cole, a writer on People vs. OJ Simpson who is also writing Black Panther for Marvel
- Jeff Pinkner, who wrote the adaptation of Stephen King’s The Dark Tower
- Nicole Riegel, writer behind the Blacklist script Dogfight
- Geneva Robertson, one of the writers of new Tomb Raider movie project