Square Enix is poised for a huge year, one with a diverse line-up of games that come from Japan and North America. With PAX East just a few weeks away, the company is eager to put out all that it has to show. It will be bringing eleven games to the convention, with a majority of them heading to home consoles.
Final Fantasy XV and XIV headline the show with Square Enix throwing weight behind its iconic series in ways that it hasn’t done for nearly a decade. Following it, Hitman and the Just Cause 3 DLC will highlight the company’s Western ambitions, and both I am Setsuna and Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness will adhere to the more traditional Square Enix fans.
See all of the games and their descriptions below.
- Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward – Face off against one of the new bosses in Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward, “Sephirot,” in the Primal Battle Challenge and win an exclusive “I Beat Sephirot” T-shirt. Attendees will also be able to get a free Dragoon hat at the booth. With over five million registered accounts globally, Heavensward expands the critically-acclaimed MMO Final Fantasy XIV with a an all-new storyline surrounding the city of Ishgard and the Dragonsong War, a brand new race, new jobs and more.
- Hitman – Hitman is the sixth game in the blockbuster series and is the culmination of a journey started by Io-Interactive more than 17 years ago. It builds on the critically acclaimed and commercially successful foundation of games like Hitman 2: Silent Assassin, Hitman: Blood Money, and the recent Hitman: Absolution.
- Hitman GO: VR Edition – Hitman GO is a turn-based strategy game where you will strategically navigate fixed spaces on a grid to avoid enemies, infiltrate well-guarded locations and take out your target on beautifully rendered diorama-style set pieces. You really have to think about each move and all the Hitman tools of the trade you would expect are included; disguises distractions, sniper rifles and even 47’s iconic Silverballers. Developed by Square Enix Montreal, Hitman GO is set to arrive soon on Gear VR and Oculus Rift. This new adaptation offers a completely new take on the award-winning title, allowing for immersive interaction, while leveraging the attention to detail and craftsmanship of Hitman GO’s gorgeous dioramas.
- Hitman: Sniper ‘Death Valley Challenge Mode’ – Hitman: Sniper is a competitive sniper game for iOS and Android with numerous missions full of creative opportunities to manipulate guards, the environment, and targets to complete the hit. Take on the role of Agent 47 and scope in on your marks using skill, subtlety, smarts and subterfuge to complete your contracts. Spend your hard earned blood money on a wealth of powerful rifles and authentic, game-changing upgrades. Engage your friends in leaderboard driven challenges and prove you have what it takes to be the deadliest marksman around. The Death Valley Challenge Mode will push players to master a completely new environment with a fast-paced, nerve-wracking, wave-based, zombie survival game mode that will challenge their mechanical skills and reactivity.
- I Am Setsuna – the story of Setsuna and her sorrowful story portrayed through beautiful art design. This title is also the debut title from Tokyo RPG Factory, which aims to develop RPG’s by taking inspiration from the masterpieces of yesteryear with the latest technology.
- Just Cause 3 ‘Sky Fortress’ DLC – The Mediterranean republic of Medici is suffering under the brutal control of General Di Ravello, a dictator with an insatiable appetite for power. Enter Rico Rodriguez, a man on a mission to destroy the General’s hold on power by any means necessary. With over 400 square miles of complete freedom from sky to seabed and a huge arsenal of weaponry, gadgets and vehicles, prepare to unleash chaos in the most creative and explosive ways you can imagine. ‘Sky Fortress’ contains a brand new set of missions that introduce a new threat – a huge and terrifying Sky Fortress and an army of deadly robotic drones.
- Kingdom Hearts: Unchained χ (read as Unchained “Key”) – the first game in the series to come to iOS and Android devices that unlocks a new story connected to Kingdom Hearts III.
- MXGP 2 – MXGP 2 is the evolution of the previous Milestone Motocross title MXGP – The official motocross videogame. The game is based on 2015 FIM Motocross World Championship license. Built with motocross authenticity from licensed motorcycles, real riders and tracks, MXGP 2 brings the excitement of challenging other riders while embracing a fast, powerful motorcycle on mud-forged hills. Players take on circuits in a quest to grab hold of the world title at the Netherlands MXGP. The game includes both online and offline modes, vehicle and rider customization and indoor arena events.
- Platinum Demo – Final Fantasy XV – a demo that offers a glimpse into the final game as it whisks players away to a fragmented dreamscape of Noctis as a child. This storyline is unique to the demo and will not be available in the final version of the main game. Players who complete the demo will unlock the ability to name the Carbuncle summon and have it appear in the full game at launch.
- Sébastien Loeb Rally EVO – Sébastien Loeb Rally EVO is a realistic off-road racing game that features more than 180 miles of accurately reproduced tracks, including the exclusive Pike Peak International Hill Climb, across eight different Rallies, five Rallycross circuits and 64 special stages. Players can drive over 58 cars from 16 different manufacturers, from the past until present, and customize and create the perfect match of aesthetics and racing performance.
- Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness – the sci-fi fantasy space saga set to launch on June 28.
Square Enix continues to be unrivaled in setting up a lucrative model that successfully makes and distributes Japanese and Western games, making in one of the most unique major publishing studios. Its PAX East line-up should speak for itself in that regard.
PAX East runs from April 22-24 in Boston.