At long last a price and timeframe has been announced for the PlayStation VR. You’ll be able to pick it up starting in October for $399.
Sony finally lifted the veil surrounding the PlayStation VR today in San Fransisco at the Game Developer Conference. Besides the price and release time frame we also finally got some specs:
- Display: OLED
- Screen Size: 5.7-inches
- Resolution: 1920 X RGB X 1080 (960 X RGB X 1080 per eye)
- Refresh Rate: 120Hz, 90Hz
- Sensors: 360 Degree Tracking/9 LEDs
- Field of View: Approx. 100 Degrees
- Latency: Less than 18ms
- Controller: Dualshock 4 and PS Move
In short, it sounds like Sony will sell a lot of units this holiday season to be sure.