Apple updated several pieces of software on Wednesday, when it released iOS 9.1, watchOS 2.0.1 and OS X El Capitan 10.11.1. The El Capitan update fixes several issues that you should be aware of, and it’s going to be particularly compelling for folks who have had problems running Microsoft Office 2016.
OS X El Capitan 10.11.1 first and foremost improves the reliability of the update from earlier versions of OS X to El Capitan. It also includes support for more than 150 new Emoji, which are also present in iOS 9.1 for iPads and iPhones. Other features include compatibility with Microsoft Office 2016, which previously wasn’t operating properly, fixes to messages, mailboxes and server information in Mail, a fix for a bug that prevented audio unit plug-ins from working properly, and VoiceOver improvements.
Here’s Apple’s full changelog:
● Improves installer reliability when upgrading to OS X El Capitan
● Improves compatibility with Microsoft Office 2016
● Fixes an issue where outgoing server information may be missing from Mail
● Resolves an issue that prevented display of messages and mailboxes in Mail
● Resolves an issue that prevents certain Audio Unit plug-ins from functioning properly
● Improves VoiceOver reliability
● Adds over 150 new emoji characters with full Unicode 7.0 and 8.0 support