Alright, all you Binding of Isaac fans, the horrifyingly named The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth DLC now has a release date. The game will drop on Oct. 30, 2015, just in time to play all night and get creeped out for Halloween.
What is the DLC? All that was detailed on the game’s official blog, and it’s a ton of content. Really, here’s the rundown, get excited.
Afterbirth is a mega DLC for the binding of isaac: rebirth, that adds another 100+ hours to the game alongside an amazing number of extra features.
– Greed Mode: a whole new game mode with a heavy focus on risk/reward that is a completely new way to play featuring new endings and a final boss.
– Expanded main game: a new final area has been added to the main game along with another new final boss and ending.
– Daily Runs: compete for highscore / best time on the leader boards in these daily seeded runs.
– 10 totally new and awesome challenges
– 1000+ new rooms, as well as new tiny rooms, closets and giant arching hallways.
– a totally new playable character, Lilith, mother of demons.
– 120 new items! not counting tons of new pickups, chests, pills, bombs, cards etc. taking the item count up beyond 525!
– 4 new alternate chapters with new chapter specific enemy types, visual themes, and surprises.
– a new seed code combo page, as well as a butt ton of new seed codes that mod the game.
– a greatly expanded soundtrack!
– new room types like, trap rooms, double treasure rooms, and ultra rare closets!
– a greatly expanded and updated hud system
– tons of new secret transformations
– 8 new bosses
– 25+ new enemies
– updated item combo system
– far too many new achievements
– 20 million new co-op babies
-and probably at least 5 other features i cant remember due to all the crap that we threw into this little monster.
100+ hours added to a game that so many already love? This must cost like $20, right?
Negative, friendo. The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth will sell for $9.99. It’s only hitting the PC at first, but it will hit the other platforms down the line.