Koei Tecmo has released the first details of the recently leaked Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 through Japanese publication Famitsu. The Dead or Alive girls will be ditching their usual holiday stomping grounds on Xbox for a more Japanese friendly destination, the PlayStation 4 and PS Vita. It’s hardly an unexpected move considering that the Xbox One has no audience in the game’s home country.
Further hammering that point, though, Koei Tecmo confirmed that the game would only be released in Japan and the Asian region unless the demand is there for a North American release. With the PlayStation 4 and PS Vita’s region-free build, plus a low level language barrier, importing is always going to be an option.
Kasumi is the first character to be revealed in the spread, and the character models have taken on a far more realistic and “mature” look that then doll eyed teens of the previous games. Gematsu has translations of other important facts in the Famitsu spread.
- Adjustments are being made to the powered up “Soft Engine 2.0.”
- The PS Vita version will use the customized “Soft Engine Lite.” There will be elements that incorporate the touch panel and gyro sensor.
- Spending time with your favorite characters has become richer than past entries in the series. They’re thinking about various reward elements for players who devote themselves to the use of one character.
- There’s a camera mode.
- Suntans have been considerably powered up.
- Not every female character will be in the game.
- On August 20, Koei Tecmo will release custom themes featuring 15 heroines, and the top 9 characters downloaded will be included in the game.
- There are no plans to release character downloadable content.
No release date set just yet, but Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 will launch for the PlayStation 4 and PS Vita.